Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 31

Thread: Is it just me or???

  1. #11
    Inactive Member cosworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2003
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I agree. It seems to have been kinda quiet. I have been undecided for quite some time now as to what is next for me. I'm in a similar position as Cotay. Very happy with my car, wanting to go to the next level BUT not being able to justify dropping more money into it that I'll never see a return on (read turbo and engine build). I went out in a Supra (550 whp single turbo conversion) the other day and was completely blown away. I was simply not expecting that kind of power. When that turbo dialed in, the sensation was so intense that I came away feeling quite numb. I decided that was the car for me but they are so f'ing expensive. I also went out in an M3 but was pretty disappointed with the peformance (my Civic is way quicker) but there is not doubt about it, it is a gorgeous complete package which does have potential and can be picked up far cheaper than a Supra. Cotay, fyi, there are two low mileage damaged Vipers going in Autotrader for 17.5K and 20K. One is driveable http://www.autotrader.com/findacar/v...17000&address= 49071&search_type=used&advanced=n&start_year=1997& color=&cardist=261. Would make for an interesting summer project [img]tongue.gif[/img]

  2. #12
    Inactive Member cosworth's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 25th, 2003
    Posts
    66
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Shoot. Wrong name. I meant CROM not Cotay....... [img]redface.gif[/img]

  3. #13
    Inactive Member fredtoast's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 12th, 2002
    Posts
    70
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    In the past three months I've added Jim's stepper pulley to up the boost on my jrsc the 7-8 psi. I also got a complete new (used) exhaust system. I added a 2.5" kamikaze header; replaced the cat with an 18" glasspack; and got a custom 2.5" mandrel bent catback with dual resonators and a straight through magnaflow muffler. These are probably the last mods to my car for quite a while because I have a bay due in November. From now on I will have to scrape together my birthday and Christmas money for new car stuff. I still need larger injectors and VAFC.

  4. #14
    Inactive Member Holden's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 6th, 1999
    Posts
    3,007
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I finally wore out my cylinders (engine died in February) as expected. Since I stopped working as a freelance consultant and took a permanent job, I don't have the money to keep modifying a car.

    Hence I've gone back to stock power (with an intake, of course!). I lost 100hp and the LSD, but still have the brakes, tires and suspension mods.

    I haven't even put my GSR back on the road! It has probably driven 100 yards in the last five months. My local SCCA chapter lost every autocross site and canceled the season (maybe we found a site... we'll see).

    When I hear of an event definitely scheduled (or when my beater dies), I'll put the GSR back on the road. I'm doing another HPDE in November (the same one that put the final nail in my previous engine's coffin) at Lime Rock Park.

    My bro is doing the HPDE too in his soon-to-be 350rwhp 24SX/SR20DET (He's only got 250rwhp/260rwtq right now. Turbo upgrade soon.) We'll see who's faster: A much more experienced driver (me) in a car with a sorted out suspension and good brakes, or him in an unsorted car with gobs of power and lame-ass brakes. (He put on 300Z calipers, but didn't upgrade the rears or the bias or the master cylinder).

    That's it for me. Pretty depressing automotive wise.

    The only good news is that I somehow managed to get more than 50% of the money I sunk into the car back into my pocket and still have the suspension mods. Go ebay!

  5. #15
    Inactive Member Max Psi GSR's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 15th, 1999
    Posts
    860
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cotay:
    But I will say this: Results were quite similar to JR WI. Both hp and intake temps</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

    Why all the HUSH HUSH, is the owner pissed that they wasted 1500 on something that doesnt do anything for them?

    JRSC and inter/aftercoolers just dont mix people........get over it! Be content with MAX power at 230-260whp levels for Christ sake. Thumbs up to SCHYBRID, im not sure how efficient his IC setup is or was, but all i know is that he runs 12.1's with his STOCK BLOCKED B18C. Now THAT is concrete proof.

    IC= [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

  6. #16
    Inactive Member The LS Avenger's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 30th, 2000
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Weeeel my signature says it all, the Integra got totalled in January after getting rear ended by a semi, I sold off the undamaged front clip to Brian P (bitzBP ?) up in CT and it'll be interesting to see what happens there.

    Im into a 2003 WRX Wagon with Autospeed flex catless uppipe, full TurboXS turboback exhaust, ProDrive muffler, UTEC, nice Omori gauge cluster, the thing hauls ! 300+ chp if TXS is to be believed. Coming soon: VF30 or 34, TXS TMIC, aiming for 350+ whp.

    I think we lost a few people over the winter above and beyond those that have contributed to this thread.

    Plus the Integra is now two years off the market, and newcomers are making inroads into the scene (WRX, EVO, SRT-4)

  7. #17
    Inactive Member solRNY's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 25th, 2002
    Posts
    69
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    i ordered my hondata programm ECU from mossperformance.com two weeks ago and still i am waiting on it!

    have my mugen twin loop sitting here waiting to be installed... thats is about it for me... oh i been spending alot of time learning how to fly fish!

  8. #18
    Senior Hostboard Member CROM's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 17th, 1999
    Posts
    1,202
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hehe, welcome to the club solRNY, I've been flyfishing since I was about 7 [img]smile.gif[/img]

  9. #19
    Inactive Member cpa's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 24th, 2000
    Posts
    486
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by cotay:
    I'm not really at liberty to say what the results were.. I'll check with the owner and see what he wants to say. I also hondalogged it before and after

    But I will say this: Results were quite similar to JR WI. Both hp and intake temps
    </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>


    Well, if you can't share the intercooler results, how about sharing the water injection results you have [img]wink.gif[/img] .

    Actually, I am seriously interested in what you datalogged or found with the water injection. I run the JR water injection kit and have had no complaints. I'm not sure it's a significant power adder, but more of a safety net when running more boost. At 8-9 psi, with other minor bolt ons I'm at 235hp/170tq and I have all my luxuries intact (a/c, power steering). I would like to know what kind of intake temps you saw before and after with the water injection, and what the setup was. I'm going to try adding Jim's MVM stepper pulley with my JR Crank Pulley for 11-12 psi. This will be on the same stock block, and I'm hoping to try and get 250+ and maybe 180-185 tq out of it, hopefully more but we'll see. Should be within the next few weeks since my pulley should be on the way [img]biggrin.gif[/img] .

  10. #20
    Senior Hostboard Member JRCivic's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 13th, 2000
    Posts
    3,835
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Peter,

    The pulley is on the way... you should have it on Thursday. How about posting a nice pic of it on the MVM STEPPER PULLEY thread when you get it for me !!!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •